Google+ Nine Red: Itadakimasu - Let's Eat!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Itadakimasu - Let's Eat!

Finally! I got some pictures taken of the finished tables I've been talking about. The first one, is a round drop leaf table.  It already had really great wood grain and some natural distressing, so I decided to keep that look. I stenciled "Itadakimasu" on the top, which is japanese for "Let's Eat".  Lately I've really been drawn to the style of paint on wood, that still shows the wood. I think it's so different! After stenciling in a blue-grey, I washed the entire piece in a grey paint before sealing it with a few coats of satin clearcoat. Here it is before:
And here is the after:





I love how it came out. I like that you can see it's age and history, but has some fresh additions. This table is for sale!

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic