Google+ Nine Red: Spotlight: Paint by Number Murals

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Spotlight: Paint by Number Murals

I've always loved the unique look of paint by number, and seeing it on these wall murals makes me fall in love all over again!  I recently saw this post from Nicole who writes the blog Making it Lovely.  People take paint by number pictures, copy them onto transparencies, project them on a wall, trace, paint, adore. Simple! Haha, just kidding. It looks like a LOT of work, but totally worth it. Enjoy the pictures, and head over to Nicoles blog for the original post.




 Here's a sea themed one from the cute blog: Easter Kiwi:

I'm extremely tempted to do this on a wall in my house, but I'm a renter and wonder if I should invest all the time in something I can't take with me for a few years! I love the look though, and as soon as I can do it - I am!  Have a great day :)

Post a Comment

4 comments:

  1. woah, i love that. i wish i had a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am a renter too, so I would have the same problem. But, I'm thinkin', maybe it is possible to use a large piece of canvas or some other sturdy fabric. Or hang several stretched canvases in a grid and paint on those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. canvas drop clothes work great, fairly inexpensive sold in the paint department of any home improvements place you can either mount it onto the wall using simple attached boards or even staple it straight to the wall. That way when you move it moves with you.

      Delete
    2. ah a drop cloth, great idea!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic