Google+ Nine Red: New String Art Tablets

Friday, June 15, 2012

New String Art Tablets

I've gotten a lot of string art orders lately, which leaves me with a lot of extra tablets of wood to play with.  I jotted down a few ideas, and started with my favorites.  I Just wanted to take a moment to introduce two new patterns: Sakura & Circular Geometric
There they are! Of course they can be customized to fit different rooms.  I think my favorite of the two is the yellow geometric, it gave me all kinds of ideas for other patterns I want to tackle.  The really rewarding part of making these is stringing them up. The nailing... WOW.. you just feel like it will never end!  But it's all worth it once I get to see the finished product.  I really think these would look great in a set, and in our next house (hopefully soon!) I plan on doing a really large installation of 9 square tablets.  I'm not sure what image to depict yet, but I'm thinking about one image that goes across them all - like a face, or a large scale pattern.  We'll see.  Well thanks for reading, have a great weekend! 

You can find me on Facebook & Pinterest, or subscribe to updates by entering your email to the right.

Post a Comment

3 comments:

  1. I love these! Would you ever consider a tutorial from concept --> design --> creation? Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, until now! Keep an eye out, I'll try to post one up soon.

      Delete
  2. Great - I can't wait. Stumbled upon your blog a while ago and truly enjoy all your projects. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic