Google+ Nine Red: How To: Live Edge Table

Thursday, October 11, 2012

How To: Live Edge Table

One of my favorite things to do with a piece of wood furniture & an electric sander, is to just plain get carried away.  I don't know why I love that look so much, but when the edges are sanded down too all kinds of crazy beveled edges - I just think it looks great. Remember the Chiseled Chair? That's what I'm talking about. Beautiful angular edges. Today I want to share a wonderful tutorial I spotted a while back on The Hunted Interior, which by the way is an amazing blog. Look at these edges:
Man, I love those edges! This is a little different than the beveled look, which I usually do with a disc sander.  When I saw this I thought "they must be cutting huge chunks off of it first" but I was wrong, they use a belt sander. Genius. Hop over to The Hunted Interior for the full tutorial, which is beautifully done. I see why she calls it a "live edge", it definitely looks like slices of some huge tree. What are your thoughts on this look?

Happy Thursday,
                    Jesse

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Email

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Really very good designed furniture thanks a lot for sharing it.

    Harvest Tables

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic